1. A state of equilibrium or equipoise; equal distribution of weight, amount, etc.; 2. something used to produce equilibrium; counterpoise; 3. mental steadiness or emotional stability; habit of calm behavior, judgment, etc.; 4. a state of bodily equilibrium. And doing this daily? Yes! We can all achieve daily balance. First we need to decide what type of balance we need for the day. Then we take actions to keep or attain the balance we seek. It doesn't have to be a great balance, it can be nuanced balance such as giving yourself a compliment and then giving someone else a compliment. Or, standing tall, body properly aligned, while you take a moment to become aware of how your body feels in that specific moment. Perhaps you are constantly trying to find balance between family time and self care time; or career and relationship. No matter the balance, the thing that will help most is attitude. Love what you are doing while you are doing it.
Tips for physical balance:
1. Drink something yummy to satisfy the sweet tooth and munchies. I have been enjoying Rebbl Tonic
It's not only yummy and healthy, satisfying my sweet and spicy craving, but the company is brilliant.
2. Take a break at least every 45 minutes or hour to take a balance pose, centering and grounding yourself. I like Tree Pose see here
3. Take a short Savasana once during your work day. You can find a small quiet space no matter where you you work. My friend takes hers in the break room, another friend under her desk with her towel. You will feel refreshed! For more information, click here
4. Get your body moving at least 10 minutes each hour. You can dance; speed walk; stretch; do push ups against a wall if at work; anything to get the blood flowing.
Tips for mental balance:
1. Color in a coloring book. Yes, you adult! Take time to color. There are many meditational coloring books out there. Click here for an example.
2. Read positive, uplifting books. Books are good for the brain and the imagination. Movies are fantastic fun, but books are better. ;)
3. Take relaxing baths with Lavender organic essential oils or tea bags in the water. Yes, for men too!
4. Spray organic rosemary spritzer (distilled water and organic rosemary essential oil) around yourself, on yourself, and in your environment for mental clarity. Hey, students are you listening? This helps you retain all that knowledge you are studying.
Tips for emotional balance:
1. Spraying organic Neroli spritzer on your face, on your body, or in your environment for an emotional uplift. Neroli is a beautiful uplifting essential oil that opens the heart and dispels depression.
2. Dance! Invite friends over for a dance party, or take an afternoon break and dance for a few minutes. You can put on those headphones if you are in public. Not only does this benefit the body physically, but the mind mentally, and emotionally. Sometimes the mood strikes and I skip down the sidewalk laughing because it's fun and silly.
3. Listen to uplifting songs like, 'What a Feeling' by Irene Cara, 'Happy' by Pharrell Williams, and 'I'm Yours' by Jason Mraz; 'Magic' by Olivia Newton-John; 'I Am' by Guru Singh and Seal; and 'All You Need Is Love' by the Beetles.
4. Use positive affirmations.
Tips for spiritual balance:
1. Take time to sit in nature.
2. Give gratitude everyday. Keep a gratitude journal.
3. Take time to listen, feel, see, know, and acknowledge the messages and gifts you receive from God/Goddess/Source/Great Spirit each day.
4. Study all the world cultural beliefs and religions to expand your view and compassion.
5. Pray, talk, connect with Divine Love and Light each day.
Setting Goals: Reaching for Your Dreams
After the first class of 'I Can Do It,' I discovered how much I resonated with this program. Setting goals, thinking positive, and using visualization! I loved it. Mr. Patterson taught us how to first set small goals such as a daily goal. The, we learned how to set weekly, monthly, and yearly goals. With each goal, we incorporated visualization techniques and positive attitudes. I watched it work each time I set a goal and accomplished it-and each time I didn't because I didn't put the action step behind it. Oh, that's the last step. ;) Taking the action step when it's presented to you. So it goes like this~
1. Set a goal (daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly). Don't set to many for each as it can become overwhelming.
2. Write down each of these goals with as much detail as you like in a 'goal journal' or paper to hang where you can see it daily.
3. Repeat them out loud a few times each day. Or, at least look at them everyday.
4. Visualize each goal one at a time for a few minutes in as much detail as you are able.
5. Think positively, perhaps even saying 'I Can Do It.' ;)
6. When the action is presented, DO IT. Walk through the door of opportunity.
7. I like to add a little side note-ask your angels, or any other being of love and light for help reaching your goals.
8. YOU CAN DO IT!
SpiralDance® Movement: Suspend
Perhaps you need to postpone your action for a bit. Allow yourself to pause before jumping into action. The universe is urging you to have patience. Allow yourself to suspend projects for a bit so you may breath and play.
Perhaps you have been been procrastinating? No more delaying, carry on!